4 Barbell Moves for a Shredded 6-Pack
Shredded abs bring a built upper body, with strong arms and a chiseled chest, together.
Diet and exercise go hand in hand to build such muscles.
Get iron abs with these exercises. All you need is a barbell.
Do 7-10 reps.
Barbell Russian Twists
* Grasp the bar near the end with both hands.
* Stand with feet shoulder width apart.
* Swing the bar to the left, pivoting feet as needed, and then swing to the right.
* Do 2 or 3 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions on each side.
Do 10 sets of 3 reps.
Straight Leg Barbell Sit Up
*Lie on the floor holding an empty, or lightly loaded, bar over your chest as if you’re going to do a bench press.
* Extend legs on the floor.
* Do a situp: raise your torso until it’s vertical.
* Keep the bar overhead, so it drifts back to an overhead press position at the top of the situp.
* Do 3 sets of 8 reps.