NUTRITION & SUPPLEMENT
7 Factors to Look at to Boost Metabolism
The word itself, “metabolism,” may sound superficial. Many underestimate metabolism and associate it only with vain people. But metabolism is not just a concern for them, but for everyone.
The billions of cells we have get their job done in a well metabolized body. For someone whose metabolism is slow, not enough energy gets used up. Inefficiency in some bodily functions become obvious and the glaring signs are lack of energy and excess fat.
Here, I give you the factors you need to take a look at to boost your metabolism.
1. The food you eat. Here are foods that rev up metabolism:
Iron, Zinc and Selenium-Rich Foods
Legumes and Pulses
Apple Cider Vinegar
2. The time you eat. There are gazillions of diets that propose a lot of things. One of them is the latest one: to eat your biggest meal before two o-clock.
Times change and so do diet recommendations but nearly all of them always recommend one thing, breakfast. If you wait until noon to eat, you already lost your chance to get your calorie burner blasting.
3. The amount of food. Moderation is key.
Do crash diets and you won’t fool your body. It’ll go into survival mode and slow everything down, including your metabolism to keep itself alive as long as possible.
Eat too much and you’re going to slow your metabolism as well. The body won’t be able to keep up with the energy needed to digest all the food.
Eat three small meals and two snacks daily.
4. Increase daily activities. When you increase muscle mass, you burn fat faster.
However, just plainly being active helps your body burn fat already.
To develop an active lifestyle, exercise first thing in the morning. Do as much as you can and if you can spare an hour each day, five or six days a week, doing an activity that you love, slow metabolism would become a thing of the past.
5. Do strength training before doing any cardiovascular work.
If you have 45 minutes to spare, lift weights for 15 minutes for your warm up. Then do cardio.
It takes 15 minutes for the body to warm up to start burning fat. So, by the time you hit fat burning cardio, your body is in full blast fat burning mode.
6. Don’t do the same workout every day. Your body gets bored too. Keep it shocked every time you do an activity to stay at an optimal fat burning state.
Jog one day, do spinning the next, do aerobics the third day and if you want, go back to jogging again.
However, if you’re just starting a program, just varying the intensity from fast to normal, from normal to fast is okay.
Remember the more toned you become, the more calories you burn even if you’re not active.
7. Inhale and exhale through your nose when exercising, not through your mouth.
It takes less effort to breathe through the mouth. So, if you breathe through your nose, your exerting more effort, firing up your metabolism even further.