Banish 100 Calories in Just 4 Minutes a Day
It’s about time 100 calories got burned in just 4 minutes.
With these exercises, you would. Fact is, if you’re in good physical condition already, you can finish the exercises here in under 3 minutes.
Do the following:
* Stand with feet together and hands on sides.
* Simultaneously raise your arms above your head and jump just enough to spread your feet wide.
* Reverse the movement and repeat.
Repeat 10 times.
Tip: Do this move as if you’re going to sit. This will drive your hips back.
* Squat as deep as you comfortably can. Those with knee issues shouldn’t go deeper than 90 degrees. Keep thighs parallel to floor.
* Keep heels on the floor.
* Think of driving your heels into the ground as you straighten your legs to return to the starting position.
* Keep knees in line with toes.
* Don’t let knees cave in. Press them outward so they’re aligned with feet as you squat.
* Let torso tilt naturally. Just don’t collapse your chest or round your shoulders forward.
Squat 10 times.
* Start in a high plank position.
* Place hands on the floor directly under shoulders.
* Ground toes on the floor.
* Brace core by tightening abs as if you’re getting ready to take a punch. Engage glutes and hamstrings. Flatten back so body is as straight as possible.
* Lower body by keeping back flat and eyes focused at about 3 feet in front to keep a neutral neck until chest grazes the floor. Keep body straight. Tuck elbows close to body.
* Exhale as you push back to starting position.
Do 10 pushups. If you like, you can do pushups against a wall and not on the floor.
Stepping or Lunging
* Stand with feet hip-width apart, chest out, shoulders back and hands on sides.
* Take a moderate-length step forward with one foot. Descend to a point where your rear knee almost touches the floor. Do this while keeping body’s upright posture.
* Push back up from your foot in the forward position so feet are now beside each other.
* Repeat the lunging or stepping process on the opposite side.
Do 10 repetitions on each leg.
You may do this set of exercises in four repetitions. Pause for 1 minute between each set.