Torch Fat with 5 Dumbbell Exercises
Cardio isn’t the only thing that burns fat. Lifting humble barbells will burn more fat than you can imagine.
This set of barbell exercises got put together to melt the flab. You can even do them while on a business trip because those dumbbells are as portable as can be.
Squat and Dumbbell Shoulder Press
* Stand with a dumbbell in each hand.
* Clean the dumbbells to shoulder height by a jumping motion and shoulder rotation. Palms should face each other and the elbows should point forward.
* Look forward, chest up, and place feet about shoulder-width apart.
* Do a squat, flexing the knees and hips to lower body. Descend as far as you can, maintaining good posture in the spine, hips, and knees.
* Pause for a moment at the bottom of the squat before returning to a standing position by extending the hips and knees.
* Press the weights overhead by extending the elbows and flexing at the shoulder.
* Return the weights to shoulders before repeating the entire movement for more repetitions.
* Stand with feet about hip-width apart with dumbbells in each of your hands.
* Bend elbows by your sides to bring dumbbells in front of shoulders with palms facing one another.
* Lower to a squat then stand up while pivoting right foot and pressing right hand diagonally towards left side.
* Go back to a squat before standing and pivoting with left foot and pressing left hand towards the right.
* Do 3 sets of 10 to 12 repetitions.
Walking Dumbbell Lunge and Bicep Curl
* Hold dumbbells by your sides.
* Bend knees slightly.
* Keep chest up and head straight before taking a step forward using left leg.
* The right knee shouldn’t touch the floor and the left knee shouldn’t go beyond left toes.
* Do a curl with the left arm before going back to the starting position.
* Do the same with the other foot and arm.
* Do 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps.
Side to Side Push-Up
* Place dumbbells in a vertical position.
* Go to a full plank by placing both hands on top of the dumbbell with feet together and hands below chest.
* Place right hand on the floor to the right of the vertical dumbbell so that hands are shoulder width apart.
* Bend elbows slowly until head is in line with the dumbbell or lower while maintaining balance.
* Return to starting position and repeat with the other hand.
* Do 10-12 on each hand.
Dumbbell Pushups to Triceps Kickback
* While holding dumbbells, go into a pushup position.
* Do a pushup then lift right arm to do a triceps kickback.
* Do another pushup then lift left arm to do another triceps kickback.
* Do 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps.