10 At-Home Exercise Routine for Inner Thighs
Inner thigh exercises is one of the most sought after. With skinny jeans, tights and leggings as very popular items of clothing, many women are aiming for a good pair of firm, well-shaped inner thighs.
However, you need to lose weight and follow the exercises here. There’s no spot reduction happening in whatever exercise program you’ll get you hands on.
I have 10 at-home effective exercises. If they seem too many, it’s because there is a whole set of interconnected muscles that make up the inner thigh.
All you need are the right moves and iron-clad persistence to get the thighs of your dreams.
* Stand on left leg with hands clasped behind head.
* Bend right knee and swing leg up and across the body, right foot flexed.
* Without putting right foot down on the floor, sweep right leg out to the right side.
* Repeat 10 times back and forth with the right leg, then 10 times with the left.
Side Lunge Sweep
* Stand with feet together, hands on hips.
* Take a wide step out to the left side and lower into a lunge, bending left knee and pushing hips behind.
* Push through left heel and stand back up, crossing left leg in front of body without touching the floor.
* Swing leg back out to the left side and repeat.
* Do 15 reps with left leg, and then 15 with the right.
Sumo Squat Slide In
* Stand with feet together, knees and toes turned out at 45 degrees.
* Take a wide step out to the side with right foot and squat down.
* Keep back straight, drop hips low and reach arms to the ground in front.
* As you stand up, slide right foot into left, squeezing legs together until heels touch each arms overhead.
* Step back out into squat with left foot and repeat 20 times, switching legs each time.
Chair Pose Close
* Stand with feet together, hands on hips.
* Lower into a narrow squat.
* Hold the squat position on right leg and extend left leg out to the side, pointing foot.
* Lift left leg and bring it in front of body, squeezing inner thighs until knees are touching.
* Hold for 1 count then lower left leg back down to the side.
* Repeat 10 times on the left, then repeat 10 times with the right leg.
Side Shuffle Switch
* Stand with feet together, arms by sides.
* ‘Shuffle’ to your right by taking three quick steps to the side (right, left, right), and then lift left knee up, swinging right arm forward.
* Immediately reverse your shuffle (left, right, left) and land with your right knee up, left knee bent, swinging right arm forward.
* Repeat 20 times in a row as fast as you can, alternating sides.
Low Lunge with Isometric Adduction
* Stand with feet together, arms on sides.
* Take a wide step forward with right foot and lower into a deep lunge position.
* Place hands on the floor on the inside of right foot.
* Press right knee into the outside of right shoulder.
* Squeeze and hold the contraction for 10 counts.
* Release and push off the floor with right leg to return to standing form. That’s one rep.
* Repeat with the left leg to complete 1 set.
* Do a total of 3 sets.
Attitude to Side Extension
* Stand on right leg, right knee slightly bent, hands on hips.
* Lift left leg into an ‘attitude’ position by bending left knee and lifting leg up and across body, turning left heel up as you lift.
* Open left leg out to the side of your body, straightening leg out into a full extension.
* Repeat 15 times with left leg and then 15 times with the right leg.
Weighted Inner Thigh-Lift
* Lie on right side with right elbow bent below shoulder and left hand behind your head.
* Extend both legs out and then bend left knee up to the ceiling, placing the bottom of left foot on the inside of right knee.
* Hover right leg slightly off the floor with foot flexed.
* Engage inner thigh to lift right leg higher.
* Slowly lower leg back to hover above the floor.
* Repeat 15 times and then switch sides for 15 more reps.
* Get down on hands and knees with palms flat on the floor and shoulder-width apart.
* Raise right leg and bring it under your torso, crossing it in front of left knee.
* Turn right knee out to the side and place the outside of right foot on the floor.
*Squeeze inner thighs as you lift right knee up, maintaining contact on the floor with your foot.
* Lower knee and then repeat, 15 times total on each leg.
Side Plank Lift
* Lie on right side and prop upper body up on right extended arm, palm flat on the floor.
* Extend right leg straight out and point toes.
* Bend left knee and step left foot flat on the floor just behind right leg so that hips stay stacked on top of each other in the plank position.
* Shift weight into left leg so that right toe is lightly touching the floor.
* Squeeze thighs together as you lift right leg up to meet left knee.
* Hold for 1 count and then lower. That’s one rep.
* Do 15 reps with right leg, 15 with left.