50 Pounds More to Your Bench Press in 10 Weeks
Adding to one’s bench press isn’t a problem for newbies.
However, the more experienced you become, the more it becomes difficult to add any pound to your bench press.
Here is an advanced routine to do just that.
Practice makes it perfect and bench pressing isn’t different.
High-frequency training is the most effective way to boost your bench press in a short time.
* Do no more than 1-2 work sets.
* Use a rep range of 8-15 and don’t get stuck in a 1 rep pattern.
* Don’t bench press more than once every 7 days.
* Load the bar with 85 percent of your single-repetition maximum and bench it for 4 sets of 3 on Monday.
* Do 3 sets of 2 at 90 percent on Tuesday.
* 1 maximum rep along with 3 to 4 single reps at 95 percent on Wednesday.
* Take Thursday off francepharmacie.fr/.
* Do light single repetitions on Friday.
* Rest over the weekend.
Add accessory lifts to your workouts after your bench presses. Do:
* Dips on Monday
* Close-grip bench presses on Tuesday
* Dumbbell presses on Wednesday
* Overhead barbell presses on Friday
Complete 4 to 5 sets of 6 to 10 reps on each.
Lessen the volume and intensity of the workout for the other body parts. Because your chest, shoulders and arms are working hard, you don’t want to compromise recovery of the other muscle groups.
Do 1 light leg workout and 1 light back and biceps workout each week.
Test your bench press at the end of week 10:
* Take 4 to 5 days off before doing this to do the test safely.
* Warm up with multiple sets of 5 to 10 reps, adding a little weight on each one.
Once this becomes tougher, drop to sets of 2 to 5 reps and keep adding weight every set.
* When you’re near your maximum, complete just 1 rep each time until you either fail a lift or feel you can’t go any heavier.
* Always have a spotter present when testing your maximum.
Your bench press training 3 days in a row may sound like an overkill, but this is part of a planned overtraining cycle.
The volume of each session is so low it won’t cause muscle damage, but it will get you accustomed to lifting heavy loads with good technique.
Beginners should avoid this, however, and leave at least 48 hours between sessions.
Lessen your bench pressing frequency to just once a week for 10 weeks after completing this program.
Start again if you feel your bench needs a boost.